Posts in "Health is Wealth"
We picked up this habit from the mister-to-be's side of the family: every night, without fail, they have a salad with their dinner. We've always tried to do the same, but we didn't always follow-through, until a beautiful salad bowl found its way into the kitchen.
- Tip of the Week, Change Happens One Day At A Time, Health is Wealth, mor.sl Newsletter
Editor’s Note: Every Friday, we send out an email newsletter to our fans (sign-up for mor.sl to be added to our email list!). In them, we offer nerdy debates around the week’s events/news/scandals — of course, we always tie them back to food.
- Cooking 101, Change Happens One Day At A Time, Health is Wealth, mor.sl Newsletter
Most of the bloggers that I've come to adore make everything from scratch. While I'd love to follow in their footsteps, I'm just not there yet. I still use canned beans instead of cooking my own (in case you're wondering why that matters, it's because the canned ones have salt, preservatives and BPAs.
- Tip of the Week, Kitchen Hacks, Cooking 101, Change Happens One Day At A Time, Health is Wealth
It's apparently raining Soy Vay! here at mor.sl, and I am loving the weather. I'm seriously impressed with this saucy line. Tried two new ones tonight - both dishes got rave reviews from my picky palate hosts (the sis and bro-in-law), and I honestly can't wait to share the goodness with another lucky mor.
- Product Reviews, Recipes, Meatless Monday, Health is Wealth, Ethnic Cuisine
If I had to sum up the city of Philadelphia in one word right now, it would be "gray." The sky is constipated, as our designer put it, threatening to storm but instead only managing to spit up some drizzle and mist.
- Recipes, Change Happens One Day At A Time, Meatless Monday, Health is Wealth, Seasonal
My adventures in vegetarianism continue over here in Philly. It's been kind of cool, because the nights that I am cooking, I'm forced to be a little more creative. Plus, I've really enjoyed showing my sister and brother-in-law (enthusiastic newbies in the kitchen who really appreciate great tasting food), that they can have incredible meals without the $75 bill and without all the fuss.
- Recipes, Meatless Monday, Health is Wealth
I don't have too many vices: I don't smoke, I hardly even drink anymore (not happy about that one); I don't even drink coffee (also unhappy about that one)! I may not eat as healthily as some (I definitely enjoy my fair share of mac and cheese and pizza.
- Spotlight On, Kitchen Hacks, Recipes, Change Happens One Day At A Time, Health is Wealth
The New York Times is apparently feeling a bit of summer nostalgia along with the rest of us, as they featured this amazing grid of corn recipes from Mr. Bittman. So far, I've tried only one of these dozen recipes for leveraging the last haul of summer corn, but I intend to squeeze in a few more before it is too late.
- Meatless Monday, Health is Wealth, Seasonal, corn, vegan
Do you ever crave kid foods? Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, fish sticks? I don't blame you. These foods are part of a secret food group known as fun foods. Fun foods are not magical or complex in flavor - they are simple, reliable standbys that are delicious and, well, fun to eat.
- Recipes, Health is Wealth
Editor's Note: Today’s post is contributed by guest blogger, Sarah, author of Snixy Kitchen. Sarah is a graduate student in California (yeah, Berkeley!) who cooks to keep herself sane while the prospect of writing a dissertation looms in the not-so-far-off distance.
- Meatless Monday, Health is Wealth, zucchini, pasta, zucchini noodles, tofu, sesame, miso, carrots, soy sauce
Oh, the universe works in strange ways. I don't write much on this blog about my journey as an entrepreneur (I started a blog about that a long time ago, called Zest, very out of date, but still relevant concepts if you're interested in the topic), but if I did, my posts would be voluminous.
- Recipes, Change Happens One Day At A Time, Health is Wealth, Beverages
I was wasting two meals of the day. Sure, for dinner I always cook a vegetable, a protein and a small salad (no, you don't really cook salad...) - that's a pretty balanced meal. But for breakfast I usually have a cup of tea (zero nutritional value) and for lunch I usually have a sandwich with chips (must have chips - they are my big weakness alongside a sandwich.
- Recipes, Change Happens One Day At A Time, The Wisdom of Mom, Meatless Monday, Health is Wealth, Seasonal
There are different kinds of people in the world when it comes to cooking: the plan aheaders, the last minute frenzy cook, the i-don't-cook cook. I fall somewhere in between the first two.
- Product Reviews, Tip of the Week, Cooking 101, Recipes, Meatless Monday, Health is Wealth, When Life Hands You...